The Board is composed of diverse and visionary individuals with over 100 years combined experience in health care. They include professionals in public health, pediatrics, obstetrics, accounting and social work. These individuals review the organization's policies, programs and operations, and handle the regular business of the corporation.
The Board also serves as the policy and program initiating body, which overseas the implementation of programs approved by members.
How we are funded
Sa Leone Health Pride seeks funding largely from endowments, philanthropic foundations, corporation, and private individuals. It's funds are devoted to carrying out it's own research and educational activities. The organization is a nonprofit, tax-exempt, educational and research organization under section 501(C)3 of the Internal Revenue code.
Grant for 2011-2012 from S L Gimble Orange County Community Foundation
The project will be staffed by a team of Health and business professionals on a voluntary basis . Members of the team, and their responsibilities, are:
- Project Director - Responsible for hiring project staff; overseeing project development and operation; establishing and maintaining links with local government agencies; and budgetary matters.
- Center Coordinator - Responsible for establishing the Community Center; developing working relationships with formal and informal community leaders; establishing links to community women's organizations; and scheduling of Center programs.
- Project Evaluator - Responsible for collecting entry level data regarding mothers' health and nutrition information; conducting periodic assessment of changes in mothers' level of knowledge, comprehension, and application of that information.
- Center Assistant - Responsible for maintaining the structure and appearance of the Center, routine correspondence, and other forms of communication with mothers in the community.
- Graphic Artist - Responsible for creating illustrated posters to provide layout /design of project publications.
Governing Board is made up of both health care professionals and management consulting professionals The Board will be responsible for sanctioning the operation of the Centers and providing feedback to the Project Director on Center policies and operation. Officers & Board Members Florence Dorwie DNP, RNC, APN-C, Founder and Chairperson of the organization Bokang Rapoo MS Vice Chair Sandra Jimenez DNP, RN, CCRN, ANP-BC., Treasurer Charles Eke, CPA, Accountant /Treasurer Susanne Flower- MSN, APN Secretary Dr. Elaine Patterson, Board of Trustee Ahema Aaare Nyanda J. Labor MPH Ramatu Tunis MPA
Officers & Board Members
- Florence Dorwie DNP, RNC, APN-C, Founder and Chairperson of the organization
- Bokang Rapoo MS Vice Chair
- Sandra Jimenez DNP, RN, CCRN, ANP-BC., Treasurer
- Charles Eke, CPA, Accountant /Treasurer
- Susanne Flower- MSN, APN Secretary
- Dr. Elaine Patterson, Board of Trustee
- Ahema Aaare
- Nyanda J. Labor MPH
- Ramatu Tunis MPA